Friday, August 10, 2012

Unfinished projects

One of my knitting-related problems is the fact that I always seem to be casting on new projects are abandoning old ones. They just pile up, unfinished, sometimes for a very very long time. But now I've decided to finish at least some of them before starting anything new. The finished to be projects include Martin Storey's fairisle vest called Maya, which has been in the making since October 11th 2011 (oh my). For at least a few months now it has simply been waiting for be to make the remaining one of the two pompoms that I am not even sure if I want to to attach to it... Here's my almost finished Maya:


Another almost finished project is my collared green cardigan that I found the perfect buttons from my grandparents house. That one is waiting for be sewn together and for the buttons to attach themselves onto.

A third project that I must finish soon is a pair of Cthulhu mittens for my boyfriend that I have been knitting since June 10th 2011... They are finished apart from the other thumb. One of the reasons they have taken me so long is that one of them is much bigger than the other one. I had such a long time in between knitting them and I was sick while knitting the other one that my gauge is just horribly different on them. As soon as I had finished the looser one I decided to frog it right away and knit a new one but my boyfriend wouldn't let me and just wanted me to finish the thumb so he could start wearing them. This of course I could not swallow so now the mittens have been waiting and waiting. But now I'm just gonna knit the thumb and be done with it. If they are good enough for him, they are good enough for me.

Talking about Cthulhu, isn't he cute?


I made him for a friend as a birthday present, after these instructions: pattern for Cthulhu
Now you can knit your own! 

1 comment:

  1. Maya and Cthulhu mitts are ready, I've really been keeping my promise! :)

    ReplyDelete