Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Guess it's time to start welcoming the new season!

I'm writing now to share some of my recent work, a pair of socks and some more dyed yarn. This time, for March sockdown challenge, I knit socks for my boyfriend. The pattern is Aramis by Caoua Coffee, and the yarn cheap but workable Hjertegarn Sock Wool. He chose the pattern and yarn himself, and the result is good-looking and comfy, too, I'm told.



I also continued my Kool-aid dyeing experiences, this time dyeing another fingering weight skein in reds. I used two sachets black cherry, one strawberry and one blastin' berry cherry. I really hoped and thought that the color differences would have been deeper but it is quite pretty as it is. I think I may have kept it in the dye for too long (I had all the yarn in one big kettle) so the different reds mixed too much. Anyway, I also still had quite a bit of excess dye, so I dyed another skein, sport weight and about 80g of it. I tried dyeing dry this time and it worked well. I don't usually like pink too much, but this is actually quite nice. I'm calling it Pink roses.

Pink roses

Red fruits
I started knitting a spring-y cardigan for myself, from last year's Interweave knits spring issue. It's called Birch Point Hoodie, by Amanda Scheuzger, and it's quite lovely. I think it's going to be great but all the stockinette stitch is really killing me. But it just makes the lacy parts stand out more, right? Here is a sneak peek, enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment