Monday, February 3, 2014

Birthday Shawl, Socks and Some Progress

I have made some great progress on my Lestrange cloak and I am so happy with how it's turning out. I am in the process of knitting the collar now so it's pretty much impossible to take nice pictures as the cardi is just a big bundle of black yarn! Soon, though, I promise to upload a picture.

I have also finished a pair of socks, the second to last from Coop Knits Socks, Calamint. Now only Saxifrage to go and I'll have knit through the whole book! And I am just about to start that pair, with some yarn I was gifted by the very author of this book, as a prize for her KAL hosted on Ravelry. Here is my Calamint in Austermann Step Classic:



I also have finished the first shawl of 2014. I actually just joined the Ravelry group 12 shawls forever but I do not think I'll be knitting that many shawls this year. However, I did knit one, and I knit it as a birthday present to my mum. The pattern is Triinu from Nancy Bush's Knitted Lace of Estonia. I used my prize yarn from Handmaiden, Lace Silk in Polar Sea, to knit this lovely shawl.



I really liked knitting this shawl and the finished product is pretty close to divine. And the best part? I still have enough yarn to knit myself another shawl from this beautiful yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment